Fire Belly’s Dirty Hot Ramen Noodle Soup
- 1 package (approx 14 oz) Fresh Ramen Noodles
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Fire Belly Dirty Hot Sauce
- Fresh pea shoots, several handfuls
- 1 green onion sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 boneless pork chops, or 1 chicken breast or for a vegetarian version use Firm Tofu
- Optional- 1 small hot pepper thinly sliced ( I used a jalapeno )
1) Add the vegetable stock to a pot on the stove with the minced garlic and bring to a boil.
2) Thinly slice the pork chops, chicken breast or Tofu if using and place into a hot pan lightly sprayed with cooking oil. Saute until browned on both sides, roughly 3-4 minutes per side.
3) Meanwhile boil noodles in a 2nd pot with lightly salted water for 4 minutes. The noodles are boiled separately so the broth remains clear. Once the noodles are boiled drain them and keep in the 2nd pot with the lid on removed from heat.
4) When the stock has reached a boil turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Divide the noodles into 4 bowls, top with pea shoots, thinly sliced onion. Sliced hot pepper if using, and thinly cooked sliced pork, chicken or Tofu.
6) Ladle the broth over top of everything in the bowl until not quite covering the top of the noodles.
7) Add 1 or more tablespoons of Fire Belly Dirty Hot Sauce to the top of the noodles, Stir to combine the flavours and Enjoy!